How Does a Steering Wheel order work?
Do you do Installs or send tutorial? LED Steering Wheel install tips?
We do offer occasional Chicagoland install for a small fee. For Infiniti related products, it is encouraged you to view SpeedCultureStudios YouTube channel, other videos, or Forums for install tips. PROFESSIONAL INSTALL IS RECOMMENDED.
We also have written LED Steering Wheel instalation Guide as well
1. Start by disconnecting the battery. Wait 16 minutes before moving on to remove the airbag.
2. To remove the airbag. Locate the two access holes on either side of the steering wheel casing, inster a pin/screwdriver to release the clips until a click is heard. Alternatively some vehicles simply have two mounting bolts on either side of the steering wheel casing which need to be removed.
3. gently grasp the airbag assembly aand pull away from the steering wheel. Be careful to not pull it out quickly as the wiring harness connector for the horn and deployement control will still be attached.
4. Disconnect all wiritng gently to avoid damaging any of the safety pins. We recommend taking a picture prior to disconnecting the wiring to ensure proper reinstallation.
5. To remove the steering wheel, ensure that the steering wheel is aligned straight with the wheels of your vehicle. Use a breaker bar or impact guyn to remove the mounting bolt or nut in the center of the steering wheel.
6. Firmly grasp the steering wheel and pull outward. Once loosened, slide the wires through the access hole in the center of the steering wheel.
7. Mark the steering colum to be able to align the steering wheel properly later on
8. once the OEM steering wheel has been removed from the vehicle, remove all parts that need to be swapped to the replacement steering wheel, including the multifuntion buttons, surround trim, back casing, paddles, etc. Reinstall these parts on the replacement steering wheel.
9.Intall the wiring. Retract the shealth covering the steering wheel wiring harness to connect the LED unit. European and American cars normally have a 12V and a ground wirse. Volt reader be necessary!
10. Reinstall the wiring., Retract the shéath covering the steering whoel wiring harness to connect the LED unit. European and American cars normally have a 12V and a ground wire. Volt read be necessary
11. Reattach the airbag wiring however do not install the aubag back onto the steering wheel twe recornmand having someone hold the airbag while the wiring is done as opposed to leaving it hanging and potentially causing damage),
12. Reconnect the battery and tut the vehiele's ignition on
13. Using a voltmeter, find and label the 12V wire as well as the ground wire.
14. Disconnect the battery and wait 15 minules
15. Disconnect the wiring harness again once the wires have been labeled appropriately
16. Using a wine stripper, remove the insulation sheath to expose around 3/4 el an inch of the 12 and ground wite.
17. To supply power to the steering wheel locate the LED wires coming off the LED unit wiring harness; Use a wire stipper to expole around 3/4 of an inch of the wire. Handover the LED unit wirn to the 12V OEM wire, and wrap the indivetual wire tightly with electrical tape.
18. Repeat the same process we the OEM ground wire and the BROWN wire coming off the LED unit wiring harness.
19. The YELLOW wire is an additional booster wire. Majority of vehicles using 12V power fo not require it, So simply wrap the end with electrical tape
20. Wrap the entire wiring harness wih electrical tape and ensure there are no exposed visible wires
21. Reconnect all wires, and tuck the wiring harnesses to the edges of the casing for a clean installation and to avoid any interferences with the airbag functionality
22.. The airbag can now reinstalled by gently pushing it into place an audible dick, is heard.
23. Reconnect the battery
24. Connect the wireless OBD module to your OBD2 port. The module can then be tucked into the foohwell for a clean install
25. Start the vehicle and test the functionality of the steering wheel (Display and LED lights). If the LED unit does not power up automatically, it may be in sleep mode (press and hold the two buttons on either side of the LED unit until it powers up)
26. Your installation is now complete!
TIPS: Color presets, changing to MPH and other options can be reached by holding down both butions for a few seconds until prompt comes up.
LED unit may need to be reset manually (step 25) it not reading property.
It may take a few minutes for the Blueloath signal to be pickad up from OBD port to unit
Infiniti Q owners; 12V power will come from your old heated function wire; if you did not have healed function from factory, 12V power will come from one of the horn activation wires(not airbag wire). Screen will reset when hom is activated but will function normally.
LED steering wheels will come with written general tutorial for install of RPM module. Most of our LED steering wheels work with Bluetooth with provided module; module connects to OBD 2 port while Steering wheel connects to 12v power from your wheel column. Most 12v power is able to be achieved from old heated wheel wire, while others may have supplemental power from air horn which may reset LED screen temporarily but will not cause damage to steering wheel. Professional install is recommended.
As a disclaimer, we recommend professional install for all products.
Majority of our customers do report utilizing online forums, D.I.Y, YouTube or Local Mechanic shops for their Install.
We are not liable for any damage caused upon vehicle, self or others during install of product.
Do you offer Color Match?
Due to countless variables, we do not guarantee color match. WE DO however have a vast color pallet listed on our website for Stripe/Stitch color options that will come very close to the color you are searching for.-